-Super Walmart-

I can remember the first time I ever walked into a Super Walmart. I went in looking for Ziploc bags. I walked in and started thinking to myself, now the grocery store has Ziploc bags, and Walmart has Ziploc bags, so I wonder what side of the store these bags are going to be on? I figured since we were in a Walmart that I would check the Walmart side first. I walked down the isles and started looking for anything that would resemble a small cardboard box of Ziploc bags. I walked and walked and looked and couldn’t find them. It was ridiculous. Finally I got frustrated and thought, well I guess they are on the grocery store side of this place. I walked to the other side of the store which is like 3 football fields away, its like I had to stop half way and rest. I finally get over there and I walk down the main aisle looking at the headings at the end of each aisle. Naively, I was looking for one of the signs to say “Ziploc bags.” Oh course it didn’t say that, so I ended up going up and down about half of the aisles looking. I was thinking, boy I hate this place, it will never make it. It will be closed down in three months. You have to be in shape just to walk around the store and find what you want.

Now you can tell by that comment that I don’t have the gift of prophecy. I turned the corner and I saw a person standing with a blue vest on. It was a Walmart employee. It was like I found water in the desert. As I approached the lady, I noticed what she had written on the back of her vest. “Ask me, I can help.” Boy, wish I would have seen that 30 minutes ago. She took me to the Ziploc bags, I bought them and went home frustrated.

Isn’t that a lot like us today? We try to do things on our own, and we end up doing it the long way or the hard way or the wrong way, and get frustrated and fail time after time. But the church has a place to go. They have a person with a vest on that says, “Ask me I can help.” That person is Jesus. The church is to go to Him when they are making decisions, but I want to tell you that you can go to Him as well. With any problem, any question, any situation, big or small he will listen to you and help you. Jesus says in the NT to “ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you.” He’s waiting on you. I’m telling you right now from experience, you can’t do it on your own. From the standpoint of a body of believers, you can’t do with without Him. You’ll never be happy. You’ll never be where God wants you to be. And from the individual standpoint, in life, you won’t make it without Christ. When you try to do it on your own, you’ll fail. You may get some things right for a while, but wouldn’t you rather have someone else in your life helping you carry the load?


-Getting in the Word-

-Read Matthew 7:13-29. The passage is full of choices. Two gates, two fruits, two builders, and two foundations. God has also given us a choice. We make the choice everyday whether to live for Him or not. Judging by your actions and words, what choice did you make today?

-Read Matthew 11:28-30. Jesus tells those who are searching and tired of dead ends in their life to come and seek Him.

-Hiding the Word in your heart-

-John 14:6- “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”

-Matthew 9:9- “As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew, sitting in the tax collector’s booth. ‘Follow me,’ he told him, and Matthew got up and followed Jesus.”

No comments: