Detox Doctrine: Is it ok that I'm glad we killed Osama Bin Laden?

Q: Is is ok that I'm glad we killed Osama Bin Laden?

Check out Matthew 5:46, Matthew 5:21-26.

We are a lot more like Osama Bin Laden than we’d like to think. Again, I know I've mentioned this before, but what is the standard? Osama, or Jesus? Here are some thoughts from a really great article: 1. We should be satisfied that God is just. 2. We should be sad at the reality of destruction and death, and 3. We should be grateful for the grace of God. Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:10 emphasizes that it’s only by the grace of God that I don’t get the same punishment as him. Not because you earned it, not because you’re better than he is, only by the grace of God.

Answer: Find joy in justice, sorrow in the loss of lives that are apart from Jesus, and gratefulness for the grace of God.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I will always remember when you said we should be satisfied in God's justice, heartbroken at the reality of death, and grateful for God's grace. Totally rang true for me.